Official: Cesare Prandelli takes the reins at Mestalla
The Italian coach has put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Valencia. He will take charge on Monday while Voro continues as caretaker for Atlético game.
Cesare Prandelli has been officially confirmed as Valencia boss for the next two seasons, the club said in a press release. The former Parma, Fiorentina and Italy coach arrived in Valencia on Saturday and put pen to paper on a deal to revive the club's fortunes after a turbulent couple of years.
Speaking about his decision to take the Valencia manager’s job in an interview with Italian sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport earlier in the week, Prandelli said: “It’s always been said that my style of play is quite Spanish. Now we’ll see.”
Prandelli in the stands for Atlético match
The Italian will watch his new side’s home clash with Atlético Madrid from the stands before taking charge in full on Monday.
Valencia endured a poor start to the year - opening with four straight defeats cost Pako Ayestarán his job - but their form has picked up under caretaker manager Voro, winning their last two games. They currently sit in 15th, one point clear of the relegation zone.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo