Official: Cesare Prandelli takes the reins at Mestalla
The Italian coach has put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Valencia. He will take charge on Monday while Voro continues as caretaker for Atlético game.
Cesare Prandelli has been officially confirmed as Valencia boss for the next two seasons, the club said in a press release. The former Parma, Fiorentina and Italy coach arrived in Valencia on Saturday and put pen to paper on a deal to revive the club's fortunes after a turbulent couple of years.
Speaking about his decision to take the Valencia manager’s job in an interview with Italian sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport earlier in the week, Prandelli said: “It’s always been said that my style of play is quite Spanish. Now we’ll see.”
Prandelli in the stands for Atlético match
The Italian will watch his new side’s home clash with Atlético Madrid from the stands before taking charge in full on Monday.
Valencia endured a poor start to the year - opening with four straight defeats cost Pako Ayestarán his job - but their form has picked up under caretaker manager Voro, winning their last two games. They currently sit in 15th, one point clear of the relegation zone.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?