Agent agrees with Real Madrid's version of Garay transfer
A formal complaint was filed to the CAS, claiming Benfica received a more lucrative offer for the defender. He joined Zenit for 6 million euros when Bayern were prepared to pay 20.
Agent concurs with Real Madrid over Garay
At the start of the month, media outlets in Portugal reported that Real Madrid had opened a case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport over an alleged breach of contract in Benfica's transfer of Ezequiel Garay to Russian outfit, Zenit in June 2014.
Garay still had two years to run on his contract with Benfica when he was offloaded to Zenit, and under the conditions of the contract signed by the Portuguese club and Real Madrid in 2011, the Spanish outfit was entitled to a 50% cut should the defender be sold before seeing his contract out.
Madrid argue that Benfica sold Garay for a fee way below his market value, and defend their theory that while Zenit paid six million euros for the player, there was another offer - from Bayern Munich for 20 million euros.
In Portugal today it was reported that Garay's former representative Ricardo Schlieper had given evidence in favour of Benfica at a hearing which he denies. “Portuguese media are citing declaration of mine giving Benfica the benifit of the doubt in the Garay-Zenit-Madrid case. That declaration to the Court of Arbitration is not true. What is true is that there was an interest from Bayern who had a larger offer”, the agent explained on his own Twitter account. Schlieper added that Garay rejected the more lucrative offer.
Medios de Portugal citan una declaración mía a favor de Benfica en el caso Garay-Zenit-Real Madrid. Dicha declaración al TAS no es cierta— Ricardo Schlieper (@schlieper) 19 September 2016
Lo que si es cierto, es que existía un interés por una cifra mayor de parte del Bayern, que el jugador rechazó— Ricardo Schlieper (@schlieper) 19 September 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch