Fan poll gives Ramos the axe and prefers Morata to Benzema
According to the AS.com survey, Real Madrid fans would choose a centre back pairing of Varane and Pepe and opt to break up Zidane's preferred 'BBC' against Eibar
Pepe and Varane should be Real Madrid’s starting centre backs at the expense of Sergio Ramos against Eibar on Sunday, according to an AS survey. Fans would also pick Spaniard Álvaro Morata over Karim Benzema for the LaLiga clash, the reader poll revealed.
Ramos 'dropped' by fans
With the question put to the public on Friday over what their Real Madrid starting line-up would be against Eibar, fans voted in their numbers and chose Varane (4,004 votes) and Pepe (3,513) as their first choice central defenders, with Sergio Ramos – who has had a mixed start to the season – only receiving the support of 2,529 aficionados for a starting berth in comparison. Right-back Nacho also received a higher number of votes than the Real Madrid captain with 2,529.
Modric & Kroos strongly backed
In midfield, the results didn’t spring any big surprises, with fans giving their strong backing to Modric (4,548 votes) and Kroos (4,274), while James just beat off competition from Isco in the ballot (2,324 to 2,012).
Supporters choose BBC break-up
Up top, the Real Madrid faithful did vote to break up Zidane’s preferred BBC trident however, preferring to see Morata (3,271) start Sunday’s game over Karim Benzema (1,429).
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Hazard injury "doesn't look good", says Zidane
- LEVANTE 1-0 REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos rails at referee after Levante defeat
- Rayados 0-1 América America defeated Monterrey in the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
- Cruz Azul 2-1 Tigres Cruz Azul beats Tigres 2-1 in the seventh week of the Clausura 2020
- MLS Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi tipped to both end up at Inter Miami
- MLS MLS will be the most watched league in the world in 2020