Fan poll gives Ramos the axe and prefers Morata to Benzema
According to the AS.com survey, Real Madrid fans would choose a centre back pairing of Varane and Pepe and opt to break up Zidane's preferred 'BBC' against Eibar
Pepe and Varane should be Real Madrid’s starting centre backs at the expense of Sergio Ramos against Eibar on Sunday, according to an AS survey. Fans would also pick Spaniard Álvaro Morata over Karim Benzema for the LaLiga clash, the reader poll revealed.
Ramos 'dropped' by fans
With the question put to the public on Friday over what their Real Madrid starting line-up would be against Eibar, fans voted in their numbers and chose Varane (4,004 votes) and Pepe (3,513) as their first choice central defenders, with Sergio Ramos – who has had a mixed start to the season – only receiving the support of 2,529 aficionados for a starting berth in comparison. Right-back Nacho also received a higher number of votes than the Real Madrid captain with 2,529.
Modric & Kroos strongly backed
In midfield, the results didn’t spring any big surprises, with fans giving their strong backing to Modric (4,548 votes) and Kroos (4,274), while James just beat off competition from Isco in the ballot (2,324 to 2,012).
Supporters choose BBC break-up
Up top, the Real Madrid faithful did vote to break up Zidane’s preferred BBC trident however, preferring to see Morata (3,271) start Sunday’s game over Karim Benzema (1,429).
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?