Modric could be out for a month with cartilage injury
The Croatian underwent tests at the Sanitas-La Moraleja Clinic which revealed a problem with his left knee.Real Madrid-Deportivo: LaLiga matchday 20
Luka Modric faces up to a month on the sidelines after doctors detected a problem affecting his left knee. The midfielder underwent tests at the Sanitas-La Moraleja Clinic in Madrid which revealed damage to the cartilage inside his knee. It remains to be seen how long Modric will be out but medical staff estimate a period of around one month which means that he will miss Madrid’s league meetings with Eibar, Betis, Athletic Club and possibly Alavés.
Isco on standby
In the Champions League he will be unavailable for the MatchDay 3 meeting with Legia at the Bernabéu but may be back in time for the return in Warsaw on 2 November. In the meantime, his place will be covered by Isco.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"