Köln bring Bayern Munich’s 100 per cent league run to an end
Carlo Ancelotti was denied equalling the Bundesliga record of six consecutive wins as his side dropped their first points of the season.
Bayern held at home
Joshua Kimmich's first-half header at the Allianz Arena was cancelled out by an Anthony Modeste volley to break Bayern Munich’s flawless record in the league this season. And it means that Carlo Ancelotti misses out on equalling the league record of six straight wins for a coach in his debut season in Germany's top division.
The visitors could even have gone home with a rare win in Munich - Simon Zoller found a way through the Bayern defence and his shot had Manuel Neuer beaten, only to roll inches past the post two minutes into stoppage time.
Ancelotti made seven changes to the side which slumped to a 1-0 defeat at Atlético de Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday, with just Neuer, Javi Mártinez, Xabi Alonso and Robert Lewandowski keeping their places in the XI.
The hosts went on 40 minutes when full-back Juan Bernat rode through a tackle to deliver a superb cross, which Kimmich met to head past keeper Timo Horn. Köln pulled level just after the hour when Modeste connected with Marcel Risse's cross to volley past Neuer. It was only the second goal Bayern had conceded at home this season in five games at the Allianz Arena.
Bayern could have gone back in front, but Thomas Müller watched his effort deflected onto the post with little under a quarter of an hour to play.
Despite the result, Bayern remain three points clear at the top of the standings while fourth-placed Köln preserve their unbeaten record this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?