Zidane says Real Madrid are not in crisis after fourth draw
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane said his side did need to look for solutions after their fourth draw in a row, against Eibar who picked up their first ever point against Madrid.
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane said his side were "not in crisis" after they drew 1-1 against LaLiga minnows Eibar at the Santiago Bernabéu, meaning Madrid have now drawn their last four games (three in the Liga and one in the Champions League).
No crisis at Real Madrid
"We're not in crisis. We're in October. Four draws, really three, I don't want to include the Champions League draw [against Borussia Dortmund]. When you've been ahead it's tough, but I'm not going to lose the plot. The only thing I see is that we need to work more, put in more intensity at the start of the games, as we were doing, but lately we haven't been", said Zidane.
Change needed after international break
According to Zidane the main problem is precisely that, the lack of intensity at the start of the matches. "If they score against you and then defend like Eibar do, pretty well, it's tough. So the problem is the start of the match".
For Zidane one solution will be to up the work rate at training. "Maybe we need to be more intense, and that goes for me first. I'm the coach, we need to see what we'll do. Now we have the international break and when the players come back we need to change things because we can't go on like this".
Whole team needs to work together
Zidane also said the solutions wouldn't come from one or two individual players: "The changes won't just be physical, but tactical to see what we can do in these games. We need to all work together, not just two or three players on their own."
Real Madrid's next game in LaLiga is away to Betis on Saturday 15 October at 20:45. All eyes will be on Zidane and his side to see if they can react.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Who is Abhigya Anand, the child astrologer that predicted the coronavirus pandemic?
- George Floyd Protests Facebook will review its rules after Donald Trump's controversial messages
- George Floyd What is the third amendment and can it be applied now?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: Why are some taxpayers still waiting for the payment?
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd: 'Black Lives Matter' on Washington DC street challenges Trump
- Coronavirus IRS tax deadline postponed: when is the new payment date?