CELTA VIGO 4-3 BARCELONA
Iniesta makes 600th Barcelona appearance in Celta defeat
The midfielder brought up the milestone after being introduced as a half-time substitute in Barça's 4-3 loss to Celta Vigo on Sunday.
Midfield maestro Andrés Iniesta featured in the 600th Barcelona match of his career in Los Azulgranas' LaLiga defeat to Celta Vigo on Sunday.
The 32-year-old Spain international was brought on at half time at Balaídos as Barça went down 4-3 to Eduardo Berizzo's side.
Second in Barcelona's appearances list
Iniesta, who made his debut in 2002, is Barça's second-highest all-time appearance maker behind fellow Blaugrana legend Xavi Hernández.
Alongside Lionel Messi, he is the club's most decorated player ever with 29 trophies: eight LaLigas, four Copas del Rey, seven Spanish Super Cups, four Champions Leagues, three UEFA Super Cups and three Club World Cups.
He is best known for his winning goal for Spain in the 2010 World Cup final against the Netherlands - a strike that handed La Roja their first ever global crown.
"We can only enoy him" - Luis Enrique
"I had the luck to play with him and now to coach him," Barça head coach Luis Enrique said before the Celta game.
"We can only enjoy him. Not just for what he has achieved, but how he has achieved it. For the values he has shown and what he represents to world football."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Who is Abhigya Anand, the child astrologer that predicted the coronavirus pandemic?
- George Floyd Protests Facebook will review its rules after Donald Trump's controversial messages
- George Floyd What is the third amendment and can it be applied now?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: Why are some taxpayers still waiting for the payment?
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd: 'Black Lives Matter' on Washington DC street challenges Trump
- Coronavirus IRS tax deadline postponed: when is the new payment date?