Guti responds to Twitter critics after Barcelona defeat to Celta
The ex-Real Madrid ace took to social media with a dig at those who had sent him messages following Los Blancos' draw with Eibar.
Former Real Madrid star José María Gutiérrez, better known as Guti, took to social media on Sunday night with a cheeky response to fans of arch rivals Barcelona following Los Azulgranas' loss to Celta Vigo.
The ex-midfielder, now Real's Under-19 boss, had been on the end of a barrage of jibes from Barça-supporting Twitter users in the wake of Los Blancos' disappointing 1-1 draw with Eibar earlier in the day - their fourth straight stalemate.
"Thanks for your congratulations"
But after Barcelona were seen off 4-3 at Balaídos in the evening, Guti posted a message laced with sarcasm and firmly directed at his mickey-takers.
"Thanks for all your congratulations on Madrid's point, sorry I can't say the same [to you]," wrote the 39-year-old. "Good night, tweeters".
Gracias por vuestras felicitaciones por el punto del Madrid,lo siento no puedo decir lo mismo😉,buenas noches twitteros.— GUTI (@GUTY14HAZ) 2 de octubre de 2016
Barcelona spurn opportunity to go top
Barça's defeat saw them miss the chance to leapfrog Zinedine Zidane's men and top the table, with the champions now two points behind Real and Atlético Madrid, who took over from their near neighbours in first place after beating Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?