Javi Martínez abandons the Spain camp
The midfielder played the full 90 minutes of Bayern's league meeting with Köln but arrived at the Ciudad del Fútbol with a medical note: he is suffering from a groin strain.
- Coverage match of the World Cup 2018 qualifier Spain-Israel live online .
Javi Martínez has been ruled out of Spain's 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Albania. Injury forced the midfielder to quit Spain camp at the Ciudad del Fútbol in Las Rozas on Monday.
Javi Martínez played the full 90 minutes of Bayern's 1-1 draw with Köln at the weekend as well as the team's previous match, against Atlético at the Vicente Calderón in the Champions League; but he arrived in Madrid today clutching a medical note which detailled a sprain to his left abductor muscle.
On Sunday, Julen Lopetegui decided to add Real Sociedad centre-back Iñigo Martínez to his squad - just in case there were any injuries over the weekend. The RFEF confirmed Javi Martínez's injury in a press release.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?