Javi Martínez abandons the Spain camp
The midfielder played the full 90 minutes of Bayern's league meeting with Köln but arrived at the Ciudad del Fútbol with a medical note: he is suffering from a groin strain.
- Coverage match of the World Cup 2018 qualifier Spain-Israel live online .
Javi Martínez has been ruled out of Spain's 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Albania. Injury forced the midfielder to quit Spain camp at the Ciudad del Fútbol in Las Rozas on Monday.
Javi Martínez played the full 90 minutes of Bayern's 1-1 draw with Köln at the weekend as well as the team's previous match, against Atlético at the Vicente Calderón in the Champions League; but he arrived in Madrid today clutching a medical note which detailled a sprain to his left abductor muscle.
On Sunday, Julen Lopetegui decided to add Real Sociedad centre-back Iñigo Martínez to his squad - just in case there were any injuries over the weekend. The RFEF confirmed Javi Martínez's injury in a press release.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona boss Koeman responds to Real Madrid penalty controversy
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE Juventus could be kicked out of Serie A over Super League move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid enquire about Spurs' defender Serge Aurier
- NBA Anthony Davis posts 42-point game against the Phoenix Suns
- US NEWS Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: efficacy, safety, side effects from Pfizer, J&J, Moderna...
- US NEWS Where is my Golden State stimulus? How to check & track