Reports link Santi Cazorla with Atletico Madrid as deal runs out
Speculation has intensified after the Arsenal man was quoted praising Simeone's side: “Atlético are a great club."
Cazorla deal runs out at the end of the seaon
Arsenal star Santi Cazorla is out of contract at the end of this season and, as things stand, is yet to renew his deal. And though he’s undeniably a key part of Arsene Wenger’s squad at the Emirates, the club is yet to offer him anything.
This lack of movement with regards to his contract has led to reports in the British press linking him with a move to Atlético Madrid. Cazorla himself is quoted as having praised the club and Simeone’s project at the Vicente Calderón, something that has only served to intensify speculation.
Atleti are a great club, says Cazorla
“Atlético are a great club. You only have to look at their results. Simeone is doing incredible things there,” he said. “It’s not easy to reach two Champions League finals and to win a league title.”
Any future move for Cazorla would depend on how his contract situation progresses during the season. It’s likely he will renew, but transfer speculation will continue until he does.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?