Worst Liga start in over a decade
Barcelona’s current run of results represent the poorest start to a Liga season since Frank Rijkaard was in charge in the 2005-06 campaign. However, Barcelona went on to win the league and the Champions League, so perhaps the “crisis” talk is better shelved for now.
The Barcelona keeper had an astonishing 62 touches of the ball during his side’s match against Athletic – more than Ivan Rakitic, Leo Messi and Sergio Busquets -- and made an error coming out for a ball that Beñat almost capitalized on. Again against Celta, Ter Stegen was caught out playing the ball with his feet. The keeper apologized for his role in the 4-3 defeat in Balaídos, but Luis Enrique implied his style won’t be forcibly altered: “Barcelona’s keeper has to take risks. When it doesn’t come off, we’re not going to hang him out to dry.”
Xavi backs Ronaldo for Ballon d’Or
The former Spain and Barcelona great suggested the Real Madrid player is the favourite for the Ballon d’Or: “He has the numbers to win. He’s won the Champions League and the European Championship. But Messi will give him plenty of competition.”
Barcelona Juvenil B youth team player Labinot Kabashi has been called up to the senior Kosovo squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Croatia and Ukraine at the age of 16.
With his brace against Celta the defender took his tally in the league to 23 overall and he has now scored in 10 consecutive seasons for the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- Messi hat-trick a good way to celebrate Ballon d'Or – Barca boss Valverde
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez: Best goal of my career
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane has four options to fill left-back vacancy against Valencia
- BARCELONA Barcelona president agrees "three years could be enough for Valverde"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us