Ekaterina Kostjunina, the Russian referee is an Instagram star
Ekaterina Kostjunina is a practicing referee in Russia but is turning more heads right now with the pictures she is posting to her Instagram account.
A popular referee?
She is part of the Russian Football Federation where she commands attention from those she gives seminars to and also looks to keep control on the field. But Ekaterina Kostjunina is getting even more attention thanks to her Instagram account where she has posted many pictures of herself when not wearing her refereeing outfit. In fact, when she is not wearing much at all.
With already more than 7,000 followers - and this is likely to grow significantly now that she's making the headlines - Ekaterina has described herself as a 'football player, football referee and university student'.
World Cup in Russia
As more and more women get involved in the officiating of the men's game, are we likely to see the 21-year old Russian form part of her country's World Cup 2018 preparations?
Te recomendamos en English
- Ligue 1 Mbappé and Neymar on target to secure PSG win
- Ballon d'Or Mane snubbed for being African, claims Kouyate
- REAL MADRID Sancho, Vinicius, Joao Felix: in that order for Zidane
- BARCELONA Barça renew Ansu Fati and increase release clause to €170M
- Rapinoe asks Ronaldo and Messi to 'help' in fight against racism, sexism
- REAL MADRID “Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club" - Butragueño