"Messi doesn't take proper care of himself" (Miadosqui)
This is the view of Jorge Miadosqui (Secretary for the Argentina national teams) following the Barça No.10's latest injury.
Argentina face Peru on Friday and then face the Paraguay national team as part of the CONMEBOL World Cup 2018 qualifiers.
For both games the "Albiceleste" will be without their key player Lionel Messi who is still recovering from the injury he sustained at Camp Nou during the league clash with Atlético Madrid. Jorge Miadosqui (Argentina's secretary for national teams) cast his view on the player from Rosario's recent spate of injuries:
“I think the national team look after injuries in a better way. We sent one of our doctors to supervise Augusto Fernández's operation and they also went to check in with Messi. It's important to look after all our players. The problem arises when the player doesn't take proper care of themselves as they want to play all the time. We're grateful to those players who play for Argentina and do it for the honor of the blue and white shirt”.
Miadosqui also talked about the relationship between national team and the Catalan club: “We have a normal relationship and we look forward to having Leo back to his best as soon as possible”.
The Barça striker is hoping to be ready for the Champions League fixture against Manchester City on October 19.
*Update 4 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona-Real Madrid Clasico: Barcelona-Real Madrid brace for Camp Nou protests
- Ligue 1 'PSG star Neymar provokes opponents and cries when kicked'
- SERGIO RAMOS Ramos: Let's create a Ballon d'Or just for Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo
- Transfer rumours Liverpool's Sadio Mané wanted as PSG's Neymar replacement
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Vinicius puts himself back on the map
- PSG PSG: Tuchel "is finished" after Mbappé spat, says Dugarry