"If Madrid want me, come and get me, if not, hard luck"
The Borussia Dortmund forward says Real Madrid have shown an interest in signing him and that there has been contact with Manchester City and PSG.
Madrid made contact
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has yet again sent a message to Real Madrid to put in an offer for him. The Borussia Dortmund forward confessed in an interview in this week's Onze Mondial magazine that there has been contact with the capital club: "Real Madrid always has had a place in my heart. I promised my grandad that one day I would play for them, I hope it happens. It's jusy another milestone and I still have time to reach it. I'm not saying this to attract their interest. I hope I don't need to do that.If they want me, they'll come for me. If they don't, hard luck. But I know that contact was made [with my agents]".
Aubameyang almost joined City
Madrid are not the only club who are keen on the 27-year-old. Manchester City and Paris-Saint Germain have both enquired about the player. Aubameyang revealed that he was close to switching Germany for the Premier League: "I was close to signing for Manchester City. Negociations took place. My father spoke to the club, but in the end the deal didn't go through".
Ligue 1 return doesn't appeal
And he says he considered going back to France to join PSG: "At the end of my first season at Dortmund there was contact with PSG - and the following summer. If fact, every summer talks take place. But in Paris, they took it all badly, I can't really say any more about it. I'm not especially keen on going back to play in France anytime soon but it's true that PSG aspire to win the Champions League and that is attractive for a player like me".
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"