Barcelona's Arda Turan has told Turkish radio he remains optimistic the side will enjoy silverware success in both Spain and Europe this season, despite stuttering at the weekend.
"Celta defeat was just an accident"
But in an interview with Radyospor, Turan said: "I think we're the major candidates for the Champions League and LaLiga. The defeat to Celta was just an accident."
Barça have two victories from two in the European Cup this term, and he admitted that glory in the continent's premier club competition is an obsession for him.
"It's the only trophy I'm missing," explained the 29-year-old, who has again been left out of the Turkey squad for his country's upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Ukraine and Iceland.
"I want to end my career at Barcelona"
And Turan, who moved to the Camp Nou in summer 2015 but had to wait until January for his debut due to a FIFA transfer ban, said he hopes to make his stay in Catalonia a long one.
"Barcelona are the best club in the world," declared the ex-Atlético Madrid man, who has been in good early-season form. "Even if they need me for just one minute, I'll play one minute, no problem. I want to end my career here."
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga The twenty innovations that have changed Spanish football
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi absolutely needs to rest"
- Liverpool 1-1 Burnley Klopp explains referee row at end of Burnley match
- CORONAVIRUS Disney World opens despite coronavirus: Park Restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: tens of thousands of Americans sent two payments by mistake