Bayern mistake allowed Dembele to sign for Borussia Dortmund
The young French sensation could have signed for Ancelotti's side this summer had it not been for a rookie error by Bayern's Technical Director.
Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmae Dembelé could have been a Bayern Munich player this summer if not for a rookie mistake by Bayern’s technical staff, say reports in Germany.
Bayern were keen on Dembele
The Bavarians were keen to sign the young Frenchman after a breakout season with Rennes in Ligue 1 in which he scored 12 goals and provided 5 assists and Bayern’s Technical Director Michael Reschke opened talks with the player’s agent.
Only he didn’t. Reschke made contact with Dembele’s former agent, Badou Sambague, instead of his new representative Marco Kirdemir, giving Dortmund the upper hand in negotiations.
Dortmund quickly sealed a €15 million deal
Dortmund quickly hammered out a deal and signed Dembele in a deal worth a reported €15 million. The youngster has been an instant hit at the Westfalenstadion this season, netting once and providing four assists as Thomas Tuchel’s side look to prise the Bundesliga title back from Bayern Munich.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby