Bayern mistake allowed Dembele to sign for Borussia Dortmund
The young French sensation could have signed for Ancelotti's side this summer had it not been for a rookie error by Bayern's Technical Director.
Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmae Dembelé could have been a Bayern Munich player this summer if not for a rookie mistake by Bayern’s technical staff, say reports in Germany.
Bayern were keen on Dembele
The Bavarians were keen to sign the young Frenchman after a breakout season with Rennes in Ligue 1 in which he scored 12 goals and provided 5 assists and Bayern’s Technical Director Michael Reschke opened talks with the player’s agent.
Only he didn’t. Reschke made contact with Dembele’s former agent, Badou Sambague, instead of his new representative Marco Kirdemir, giving Dortmund the upper hand in negotiations.
Dortmund quickly sealed a €15 million deal
Dortmund quickly hammered out a deal and signed Dembele in a deal worth a reported €15 million. The youngster has been an instant hit at the Westfalenstadion this season, netting once and providing four assists as Thomas Tuchel’s side look to prise the Bundesliga title back from Bayern Munich.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?