James stays with Colombia, not ruled out for Uruguay match
Colombia coach Pekerman said Real Madrid midfielder would be assessed on a day to day basis and he could play the World Cup qualifier against Uruguay.
James continues with Colombia
Colombia coach José Pékerman discussed the situation of injured Real Madrid midfielder James with World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Uruguay coming up. "James is ruled out for tomorrow's game [against Paraguay], from what we've seen from what he's being doing. We'll see how he evolves after the game. He's doing what he would be doing at his club, what he'd be doing in the same situation, his rehabilitation is in line with the diagnosis".
Pékerman won't discuss James recovery time-frame
Pékerman didn't want to discuss how long James could be out for, and said he would be monitored on a "day to day basis". "We can't discuss time-frames yet. I only want to stress that everything is being done professionally."
With that the Colombia coach wanted to make it clear that he had heard the concerns being felt at Real Madrid over the player's situation. However Pékerman made it clear he was acting first in the interests of Colombia: "I need to stand up for Colombia. The clubs own the players and some people will give their opinion. Everybody can talk but they need to have a basis for doing so. I think we've always done the right thing."
As to the possibility of James playing against Uruguay, on 11 October, all that's clear is that it's not been ruled out yet...
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby