Lawyers attempt to have Enner Valencia detained
Ecuadorean lawyers, with a judicial order in hand and accompanied by the police, attempted to have Everton player Enner Valencia detained during a training session of the Ecuador national team in the Atahualpa stadium in Quito, Ecuador before their World Cup qualifying match against Chile on Thursday. The lawyers were seeking payment of maintenance amounts due for the player's five year old daughter.
Valencia allegedly owes 17,000 dollars
The lawyers however didn't manage to have the player detained. "It's lamentable that certain police officers didn't collaborate with the detention of the footballer Enner Valencia, to ensure compliance with a judicial order", said Paul Marín, a lawyer for the mother of Valencia's child, to journalists. According to Marín the total debt stands at 17,000 dollars.
"If they say this man earns so much, why doesn't he pay [the maintenance] monthly to his daughter" said Marín.
At the time of publication neither the player nor his lawyers had made any statement regarding the incident.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX Pumas “We compete in this league without investing in expensive players”
- MLS David Beckham and Rodolfo Pizarro out for dinner ahead of Inter Miami’s debut
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? The question Alexander Zverev asked in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Ronaldo, Georgina enjoy day with family as Cristiano Jr debuts on Instagram
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea vs Bayern Munich live!