Lawyers attempt to have Enner Valencia detained
Ecuadorean lawyers, with a judicial order in hand and accompanied by the police, attempted to have Everton player Enner Valencia detained during a training session of the Ecuador national team in the Atahualpa stadium in Quito, Ecuador before their World Cup qualifying match against Chile on Thursday. The lawyers were seeking payment of maintenance amounts due for the player's five year old daughter.
Valencia allegedly owes 17,000 dollars
The lawyers however didn't manage to have the player detained. "It's lamentable that certain police officers didn't collaborate with the detention of the footballer Enner Valencia, to ensure compliance with a judicial order", said Paul Marín, a lawyer for the mother of Valencia's child, to journalists. According to Marín the total debt stands at 17,000 dollars.
"If they say this man earns so much, why doesn't he pay [the maintenance] monthly to his daughter" said Marín.
At the time of publication neither the player nor his lawyers had made any statement regarding the incident.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability