Wales were the surprise package of this summer’s European Championships, reaching the semi-finals against all odds before going out to eventual champions Portugal.
Manager Chris Coleman praised the players’ “unbreakable” team spirit as they knocked out the highly-fancied Belgium in the knock-out stages, though if recent comments from Joe Ledley are to be believed it wasn’t just the coach’s motivational encouragement that spurred the team on.
Unbreakable team spirit and stolen muffins
The Crystal Palace midfielder has revealed that the Welsh players took time out to relax watching the tennis between games and were supplied with muffins stolen from the UEFA media centre by none other than Real Madrid star Gareth Bale!
“The caramel muffins were unbelievable,” he said. “Once he [Bale] came back with two trays of them. The tennis was on and we sat down with a cup of coffee and a few muffins. It was lovely.”
There you have it. The secret of Wales’ success: stolen muffins.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Manchester United would rather sign Diogo Jota than Raul Jimenez
- NAPOLI- BARCELONA Setién: "Barcelona do not talk much about Anfield or Rome"
- Vanessa Bryant submits wrongful death lawsuit against helicopter company
- Champions League Napoli “There is no space for Hirving Lozano here”
- Thiago Silva, Herrera to miss second leg of Borussia Dortmund tie
- Liga MX Roberto Alvarado denies spitting on Enner Valencia