Özil and Alexis want ‘galactico’ wages to stay at Arsenal
The Arsenal stars have been crucial to the club’s success in recent years but want a hefty wage hike to extend their contracts at the Emirates.
Mesut Özil and Alexis Sánchez have been crucial to Arsenal’s chances of success in recent seasons but reports coming out of the UK suggest that the club will need to splash out and offer them both a hefty wage hike in order to keep them at the Emirates.
Ozil and Sánchez, Arsenal's top earners
The former Real Madrid man is currently the top earner at the club with an annual salary of €8.3 million. Sánchez is not far behind on €7.7 million.
However, it is believed that both have increased their demands in recent negotiations, pressing for up to £250,000 a week: €14.8 million a year. If Arsenal were to grant their demands, both players would almost double their current salaries.
Arsenal are traditionally reluctant to break the bank on wages
The club is known for implementing a strict wage policy and is likely to be reluctant to offer such high wages. However, both players commanded big transfer fees when they moved to the Emirates and with the club having waited so long for a league title the board is likely to consider their demands.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clasico Real Madrid - Barcelona: El Clasico latest news, updates
- El Clasico: How last five Barca bosses fared in their first Madrid clash
- El Clasico Setién out to continue record against Zidane's Real Madrid
- Transfer market Madrid and Barcelona on alert as Napoli name Koulibaly price
- The GOATs 'Cristiano Ronaldo better than Messi believers know nothing'
- Leeds United Kiko Casilla given 8 match ban for racial abuse of Jonathan Leko