Piqué shows his support for Ter Stegen with Twitter post
Barça central defender, currently on duty with his Spanish national colleagues, took time to show his feelings for the club's under-fire German goalkeeper.
In difficult times...
Gerard Piqué, one of the leaders in the Barcelona dressing room, has shown publicly his support for goalkeeper Ter Stegen who has been facing a lot of recent criticism following some headline making errors.
The German stopper had already taken to Twitter earlier today saying: "We're human. We make mistakes. Never stop being you! Now back to work with the German national side."
...you need your friends
And in response, the man who is one of the last line of the goalkeeper's defence replied, "Always be yourself. You are my man!"
Always be yourself. You are my man! https://t.co/0pSPEzm36h— Gerard Piqué (@3gerardpique) 6 de octubre de 2016
The two players are currently away representing their national sides Spain and Germany respectively in international qualifiers. Spain's first game is against Italy in Turin while Germany will play the Czech Republic on Saturday 8 October.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability