Mario Balotelli has Nice red card overturned and can play Lyon
The Italian striker received a second yellow card in his last game against Lorient however the referee has since changed his mind freeing up the player for the next Ligue 1 game.
Nice news as red overturned
French side Nice have been handed some good news during the international break as striker Mario Balotelli's red card has been overturned. This means that, as well as being rested, he can play in the clubs next match.
Referee changes his mind
The Italian striker was sent off in stoppage time in Nice's 2-1 win over Lorient on Sunday that kept his new club on top of Ligue 1 and unbeaten after eight games. But the second yellow card that led to his sending-off, shown for an apparent altercation with the Lorient defender Steven Moreira, was wiped out after the match referee admitted his error. Balotelli will therefore be able to play when Nice entertain Lyon on Friday, October 14, providing a massive boost to Lucien Favre's side.
Impressing early on
The former Liverpool player had netted a brilliant late winner against Lorient shortly before being dismissed, taking him to six goals from five appearances since moving to the Cote d'Azur at the end of August.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability