Bale hails 'great point' as Wales draw in Austria
Austria twice came from behind in Vienna through Arnautovic, but Real Madrid star Gareth Bale said he was pleased with Wales' point against "a very good team"Pachuca-Wydad Casablanca live: FIFA Club World Cup
Euro 2016 semi-finalists Wales earned a potentially crucial point as they aim to qualify for a World Cup for the first time since 1958, although they twice threw away the lead in their 2-2 draw with Austria in Group D.
Stunning Joe Allen volley
Only a brilliant Robert Almer save prevented Gareth Bale from giving Chris Coleman's side an early lead before Joe Allen drew first blood midway through the first half at the Ernst Happel Stadium with a stunning left-foot volley.
However, Allen's Stoke City team-mate Arnautovic equalised six minutes later, stooping to head in a David Alaba ball into the Welsh area.
Wales were back in front in first-half stoppage time when a Bale long throw caused havoc in the home box and the ball eventually went in off Tottenham Hostpur defender Kevin Wimmer.
Arnautovic Austria's saviour
But Arnautovic ran through to score his and Austria's second goal three minutes after half-time following a slack pass by Allen.
"It's a great point for us at a difficult place to come," Bale told Sky Sports. "We know we weren't at our best tonight. It was a difficult game against a very good team but this is what we've grown up to do, we grind out results when we need them."
Wales face Georgia on Sunday
Wales are next in action on Sunday at home to Georgia, who lost 1-0 in the Republic of Ireland, Seamus Coleman scoring his first goal for his country to get the winner.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early