Late Ramos lunge leaves Montolivo laid low until April
AC Milan's Riccardo Montolivo ruptured knee ligaments in a heavy collision with Spain defender Sergio Ramos during Italy's World Cup qualifier in Turin on Thursday.
Italian international midfielder Riccardo Montolivo was ruled out for six months on Friday after suffering a knee injury in the 1-1 draw against Spain in their World Cup qualifier.
Montolivo was hurt in a tackle with Spain defender Sergio Ramos in the game in Turin on Thursday.
His club AC Milan said that he had ruptured ligaments in his left knee and will require surgery, sidelining him for around six months.
Benassi called up
Uncapped Torino midfielder Marco Benassi has been called into the Italy squad for Sunday's qualifier against Macedonia.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?