Pepe Reina to Diego Costa: “You could have got sent off!”
Spanish TV channel Cuatro reports that the Napoli keeper confronted Diego Costa over an incident for which he could have seen red just before he was substituted on Thursday night.
Diego Costa failed to shine in Spain’s 1-1 draw with Italy on Thursday night. The Chelsea man had few opportunities and was so isolated that he became visibly frustrated as the game wore on.
Costa, close to seeing red
In fact, the striker could have seen red on 66 minutes after he slammed the ball into the crowd after being called offside by referee Felix Brych. The Italian players picked up on his outburst of frustration and demanded the German show him a second yellow (he picked up his first just before half time).
Pepe Reina wasn't pleased
Pepe Reina, Spain’s long-time back up goalkeeper, didn’t like Costa’s outburst one bit and reprimanded Costa as soon as he was substituted for Álvaro Morata just a few minutes later.
Spanish TV channel Cuatro reports that the keeper shouted “he could have sent you off and you know it!” as Costa sat down.
Spain, second in the group behind Albania
Spain went on to concede a late penalty, courtesy of a late challenge by Sergio Ramos, which was converted by Roma’s Daniele De Rossi and now sit second in the group with four points.
Te recomendamos en English
- Leeds United Kiko Casilla given 8 match ban for racial abuse of Jonathan Leko
- REAL MADRID-BARCELONA Wuhan Zall invited by LaLiga and Madrid to watch El Clásico
- REAL MADRID-BARCELONA Rivaldo: "I haven't see any improvement at Barça since Setién's arrival"
- El Clásico Zinedine Zidane pre-Clásico press conference: how and where to watch – times, online
- JUVENTUS Cristiano: "I'm convinced Juventus will make the quarter finals"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Tuchel: "Now is the time for PSG to be confident