Jorge, son of Real Madrid legend Raúl, plays in United States
Jorge González Sanz plays in New York and is looking to follow in his father's footsteps as a goalscoring number seven.
Following in father's footsteps
A quick glance over the squad list at Fordham Prep, New York, doesn’t provide any obvious hint as to the famous father of one of the players. However, look at bit deeper, ask around, check the sidelines for the proud parents cheering on – even scan the faces on the field to spot some resemblance - and you’ll soon join the dots together. Jorge Gonzalez is the son of Spanish and Real Madrid legend, Raúl.
The eldest son of Raúl González Blanco, wears the number seven shirt just like his father did at the Bernabéu for so many years and, maybe unsurprisingly, has followed in his striking father’s footsteps. Raúl put his football playing days behind him almost a year ago when he retired from the Cosmos but stayed in New York in an ambassadorial role for LaLiga allowing his son to continue his education at Fordham in the Bronx.
Is there a goalscoring gene?
A couple of weeks ago it was Jorge who scored the winning goal for his team as Fordham ran out 1-0 winners over Archbishop Molloy and his coach, Pete McNamara has said, “He’s a great finisher and a very good footballer. He has great chemistry with his teammates”.
If Raúl junior ever lacks goal-scoring ideas or inspiration he can always pull up some YouTube clips of his father’s exploits for Madrid. In the meantime, the ex-Madrid star is focused on another challenge…running the New York marathon.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby