Messi wants a release clause in his new contract - report
Although Lionel Messi is not planning on leaving anytime soon, the player wants to make sure he can finish his career in Argentina without being impeded by BarcelonaBarcelona vs Valencia: Copa del Rey semi-final 17/18
Lionel Messi’s contract renewal is one of Barcelona’s priority subjects right now, and the pending deal will be the Argentine’s eighth since he arrived at the club. However, Messi’s new agreement is set to include something that his previous contracts haven’t: a release clause.
Newell's Old Boys
According to Diario Gol, Messi will request that Barcelona promise to allow him to leave for Newell’s Old Boys when he wishes to call time on his career in Catalonia.
That is not to say that the player will depart Barcelona any time soon, however. Messi knows that he has a number of years left at the highest level and that he wants to remain at Camp Nou during that period.
Nevertheless, Messi’s desire to retire at his boyhood club in Argentina is not exactly a secret, and for that reason, the 28-year old wants to make sure that his exit to the Rosario-based side will not be impeded by Barcelona when the day finally comes.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?