Messi wants a release clause in his new contract - report
Although Lionel Messi is not planning on leaving anytime soon, the player wants to make sure he can finish his career in Argentina without being impeded by BarcelonaBarcelona vs Valencia: Copa del Rey semi-final 17/18
Lionel Messi’s contract renewal is one of Barcelona’s priority subjects right now, and the pending deal will be the Argentine’s eighth since he arrived at the club. However, Messi’s new agreement is set to include something that his previous contracts haven’t: a release clause.
Newell's Old Boys
According to Diario Gol, Messi will request that Barcelona promise to allow him to leave for Newell’s Old Boys when he wishes to call time on his career in Catalonia.
That is not to say that the player will depart Barcelona any time soon, however. Messi knows that he has a number of years left at the highest level and that he wants to remain at Camp Nou during that period.
Nevertheless, Messi’s desire to retire at his boyhood club in Argentina is not exactly a secret, and for that reason, the 28-year old wants to make sure that his exit to the Rosario-based side will not be impeded by Barcelona when the day finally comes.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby