Edinson Cavani could become a problem for PSG in the not-too-distant future. The club have already told the Uruguayan and his agent that they want to extend his current deal, which expires in 2018, by another three years but Cavani is dragging his feet and is yet to sign.
Cavani could negotiate a free transfer in January 2018
Club officials are beginning to get nervous. If Cavani continues to refuse to sign a new deal, PSG could find themselves at a crossroads as soon as this summer. The striker would still be under contract for another year but would be free to negotiate with other clubs in January 2018 and agree a lucrative free transfer away from the Parc de Princes.
PSG could cash in this summer
Cavani has for years been linked with a move away from Paris, to the Premier League and also to Atlético Madrid in LaLiga. He decided to stay this summer to spearhead PSG’s attack, following the departure of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but if he continues to delay signing a new deal the club could cash in as early as this summer to avoid losing him for nothing.
The Uruguayan turns 30 this season and it looks as if the wheels for his departure are already in motion.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?