Is this the most ridiculous team photo of all time?
The Welsh national team lined up for their pre-match photo in somewhat unorthodox fashion in midweek, raising questions as to why they're so bad at such a basic pre-match formality.
The Welsh national team has been attracting headlines for all the right reasons in recent times, in particular following their impressive run to the semi-finals of this summer’s European Championships.
But after it was revealed this week that the infamous muffin thief targeting UEFA media centres in France this summer was none other than Real Madrid superstar Gareth Bale, the Welsh team has attracted attention for more bizarre reasons.
'The most ridiculous team photo of all time'
Lining up for their pre-match photo ahead of their 2-2 World Cup qualifying draw with Austria this week, the team posed for what some have described as ‘the most ridiculous team photo of all time.’
Take a look and see for yourself…
“The worst team photo in history!” screamed Wales Online. “While other teams are perfectly capable of lining up in an orderly and fairly symmetrical fashion, the Welsh boys just can't, or won't do it, preferring instead to opt for a distinctly lop-sided approach.”
A long-running joke among the Wales squad?
It seems highly likely to be part of a long-running joke among the Wales squad, which has a track record of producing non-orthodox photos. Check the best of them out here, courtesy of Wales Online.
Gareth Bale didn’t give anything away when asked about the photo. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said, though his grinning face in the photo suggests he probably does.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Umtiti and Junior fit to return for Barcelona at Eibar
- International football Bulgaria-England: Balakov quits as fallout from clash continues
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'