The Royal Dutch Football Federation (KNVB) announced on Saturday evening that Barcelona goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen has suffered a sprained ankle injury during this evening's training session with the national team. As a result, the 27-year-old has been ruled out for Monday's 2018 World Cup qualifier against France at the Amsterdam ArenA.
Vorm called up
Cillessen was on the bench for Holland's 4-1 win over Belarus last night with Everton's Maarten Stekenlenburg guarding the Dutch net. National team coach Danny Blind has drafted in Tottenham's Michel Vorm as a replacement.
Cillessen is the third Barcelona player to pick up an injury during this international break - Jordi Alba faces a fortnight on the sidelines after succumbing to a hamstring injury in Spain's meeting with Italy while Sergi Roberto has been ruled out of Tuesday's game against Albania as he has not been able to overcome niggling muscular problems.
The trio join Barça's mounting casualty list which already features Messi and Umtiti.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, stimulus calculator | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what is the Californian strain; is it more dangerous and contagious?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how you might save $3,100 in taxes with the new payment?
- US News Why has Biden rescinded the Trump’s apprenticeship program?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: can the payment be approved in the House vote on Friday?
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play February: times, stream and how to watch for new PS4 & PS5 games