The Royal Dutch Football Federation (KNVB) announced on Saturday evening that Barcelona goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen has suffered a sprained ankle injury during this evening's training session with the national team. As a result, the 27-year-old has been ruled out for Monday's 2018 World Cup qualifier against France at the Amsterdam ArenA.
Vorm called up
Cillessen was on the bench for Holland's 4-1 win over Belarus last night with Everton's Maarten Stekenlenburg guarding the Dutch net. National team coach Danny Blind has drafted in Tottenham's Michel Vorm as a replacement.
Cillessen is the third Barcelona player to pick up an injury during this international break - Jordi Alba faces a fortnight on the sidelines after succumbing to a hamstring injury in Spain's meeting with Italy while Sergi Roberto has been ruled out of Tuesday's game against Albania as he has not been able to overcome niggling muscular problems.
The trio join Barça's mounting casualty list which already features Messi and Umtiti.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Covid-19 vaccines: what does 95% efficacy mean?
- BOXING How is Mayweather family life? Wife, sons, daughters
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: how to file an extension
- TAX DAY 2021 Tax Filing 2021: what happens if I don’t file before the deadline?
- Boxing At what age did Floyd Mayweather retire from professional boxing?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: can teams from different conferences face each other?