Arda Turan reveals that Barcelona refused a huge offer from China
The Turkish player spoke about the Chinese club that wanted to sign him in the summer but explained that Barcelona had longer term plans when they brought him to the Camp Nou.
Barça's long-term investment
50 million euros for Arda Turan. That's the amount a Chinese Super League club offered Barcelona in the summer for the player's services, according to the Turkish player himself speaking in an interview on Beyaz TV. "Barça rejected the offer because they see me as a future investment. They didn't sign me for just six months."
Left out of international duty
In addition to this revelation, Turan talked about his absence from the latest call-up for the Turkish national team following the European Championships where his country's own fans booed and whistled him: "I don't accept what they say about my performance being below expectations. I've always performed for the national side, even more than for my clubs. I love Turkey and our team. I have not asked for an explanation of why I've not been called up, all I can do is keep working so that I'm ready if I get the call."
Integrity not in question
The player also denies that the problem is because he had requested bonus payments, as claimed in Turkish media: "In my career I've earned a lot of money, why would ask for a further bonus? It's a decision by the coach. I have captained this team for 10 years, I think I deserve to be trusted more than a game and a half. People whistled at me against Croatia and Spain in the European Championship, I have to accept that," he lamented.
This season, Turan has scored five goals in ten games for the Catalan side.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA Second stimulus check: what's the current disagreement between Democrats and Republicans?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why could it be delayed?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- FOOTBALL Transfer talk: Manchester City, PSG eye Liverpool target Thiago
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo's inner circle deny Barcelona rumours
- Xavi wants Barcelona 'dream team' including Carles Puyol and Jordi Cruyff