4 clubs, including Madrid, were willing to pay Neymar's buy-out
The Catalan press lead today's edition with a front cover story concerning Neymar, who rejected numerous lucrative offers over the summer.
Neymar staying at Barça
He may still not have actually signed his contract renovation but Neymar has made a pact with Barça to remain at Camp Nou. Nevertheless, the player features on the front cover of today's edition of Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo, who run with a story on how the player turned out several highly lucrative offers over the summer from Real Madrid, Manchester United and PSG. There was even a fifth offer tabled - from Manchester City, but Neymar didn't even get to hear it, report MD.
According to the paper, Real Madrid put in an offer of 72 million euros for Neymar - a 32 million euro annual salary and 40 million euro signing on fee with Nelio Lucas acting as intermediary. It may seem unbelievable, but they say both PSG and Manchester United bettered Florentino Pérez's offer - the English club saying that they would match any offer that came in for the player. Mundo Deportivo report that both came back with offers of 80 million euros - the 40 million signing on fee with a salary of 40 million. All of the bids were for a five-year deal apart from Madrid's, who included the option of a an extra year.
Elsewhere in Catalunya, Sport, El Periódico and La Vanguardia focus on the FIFA Virus which has affected Barcelona with Jasper Cillessen and Sergi Roberto the latest to succumb to injury. La Vanguardia have a piece on Barcelona players on social media and point out that every member of the first team squad has an Instagram account - apart from Jordi Masip and Sergio Busquets.
Te recomendamos en English
- Lautaro Martinez 'very happy' at Inter amid Barca links – agent
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus USA Trump executive orders: could it be declared unconstitutional?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: why is there no agreement on a second $1,200 payment?
- CORONAVIRUS Trump executive orders: when does $400 unemployment boost start?
- CORONAVIRUS USA Trump executive orders: when do they come into effect?