Míchel to sue Marseille over non-payment of contract
"This has been the worst experience of my career as a coach," the former Real Madrid midfielder said of his time at the Stade Vélodrome.
Former Real Madrid midfielder Míchel is suing Olympique Marseille over his dismissal from the Ligue 1 club, he has confirmed in an interview with Spanish news outlet El Confidencial. Míchel was sacked by Marseille on April 19 after a series of run-ins with the club’s president.
"I have always behaved correctly"
“This has been the worst experience I have had during my career as a coach. What angers me the most is that the president said he had dispensed with my services because of bad behavior. The club’s owner [Margarita Louis-Dreyfus] and the staff, with whom I get on famously, can testify to my conduct on and off the pitch being always correct. Without wishing to sound presumptuous, I have never behaved in an incorrect way at any club as a player or a manager. Furthermore, as the president sacked me without paying the full amount of my contract, I have had to file a lawsuit.”
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale