Michu, architect in Real Oviedo win over Rayo Vallecano
An assist and winning a penalty for his side were the former Swansea player's contribution in securing maximum points for the home side today.
In a tightly disputed game at the Carlos Tartiere this morning, two moments of inspiration from Miguel Perez Cuesta aka Michu were enough to secure maximum points for Fernandeo Hierro's side
Despite dominating much of the game in terms of possession, José Ramon Sandoval's Rayo side lacked incision despite having two goals ruled out.
Slowly but surely Michu is getting his career back on track after fears that a recurring ankle problem threatened to cut short his time as a professional player. Following a season with local third division Asturian side UD Langreo under the guidance of his brother and first team coach followed by a "dream move" to home town side Real Oviedo this summer, encouragingly things are slowly starting to come together for the 30 year old.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"