Michu, architect in Real Oviedo win over Rayo Vallecano
An assist and winning a penalty for his side were the former Swansea player's contribution in securing maximum points for the home side today.
In a tightly disputed game at the Carlos Tartiere this morning, two moments of inspiration from Miguel Perez Cuesta aka Michu were enough to secure maximum points for Fernandeo Hierro's side
Despite dominating much of the game in terms of possession, José Ramon Sandoval's Rayo side lacked incision despite having two goals ruled out.
Slowly but surely Michu is getting his career back on track after fears that a recurring ankle problem threatened to cut short his time as a professional player. Following a season with local third division Asturian side UD Langreo under the guidance of his brother and first team coach followed by a "dream move" to home town side Real Oviedo this summer, encouragingly things are slowly starting to come together for the 30 year old.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard calls for defensive improvements amid rumours of a clear-out
- Premier League Liverpool: Toure identifies Van Dijk's "weak spot"
- MANCHESTER CITY - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Valverde, Isco or Asensio - three into one for City
- CORONAVIRUS Li-Meng Yan: coronavirus was developed in Chinese military lab
- US Open Zverev joins list of stars unsure about playing at U.S. Open
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou