Sergio Ramos was forced to be substituted in the 78th minute of tonight's Albania-Spain World Cup qualifier in Shkoder.
The Real Madrid captain fell awkwardly following a corner from Koke and immediately called for medical assistance. National team doctor Óscar Celada was quick to attend the defender who initially grimaced in considerable pain following the fall and subsequent knee pain. He did however limp from the pitch which will allay worries among the Real Madrid fan-base.
The Madrid player will undergo a more exhaustive testing process with his club's medical staff tomorrow but initial reports from the Spanish national camp suggest the player may miss up to one month of activity due to the injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"