Sergio Ramos was forced to be substituted in the 78th minute of tonight's Albania-Spain World Cup qualifier in Shkoder.
The Real Madrid captain fell awkwardly following a corner from Koke and immediately called for medical assistance. National team doctor Óscar Celada was quick to attend the defender who initially grimaced in considerable pain following the fall and subsequent knee pain. He did however limp from the pitch which will allay worries among the Real Madrid fan-base.
The Madrid player will undergo a more exhaustive testing process with his club's medical staff tomorrow but initial reports from the Spanish national camp suggest the player may miss up to one month of activity due to the injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL Bale starts for Wales 34 days after last game
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema vs. French FA wrangle intensifies
- SERIE A Lukaku contradicts Solskjaer: "He wanted me to stay"
- Alonso: I left Real Madrid because of Guardiola
- 'They make everything easy' - Liverpool star Mane hails Salah and Firmino
- BARCELONA Griezmann's former agent weighs in on Barcelona struggles