Sergio Ramos was forced to be substituted in the 78th minute of tonight's Albania-Spain World Cup qualifier in Shkoder.
The Real Madrid captain fell awkwardly following a corner from Koke and immediately called for medical assistance. National team doctor Óscar Celada was quick to attend the defender who initially grimaced in considerable pain following the fall and subsequent knee pain. He did however limp from the pitch which will allay worries among the Real Madrid fan-base.
The Madrid player will undergo a more exhaustive testing process with his club's medical staff tomorrow but initial reports from the Spanish national camp suggest the player may miss up to one month of activity due to the injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Carlos Vela will not play in the MLS is Back tournament
- US NEWS Trump Rallies for the 2020 presidential elections in the United States: schedule, dates and places
- Next Generation – Rayan Cherki, Lyon's latest academy gem earning links to Real Madrid, Man Utd
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”