They say that all of the heady excitement of the swinging 60s came to an abrupt halt on Friday 21st October 1966 with the Aberfan disaster. A whole community was wiped out when a coal spoil tip collapsed, the deluge engulfing Pantglas Junior School where 116 children and their teachers suffocated to death.
It’s a day which will never be forgotten, and Gareth Bale and the Wales took advantage of a break in their work schedule to visit to the Aberfan Memorial Garden and pay their respects to the victims.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022