They say that all of the heady excitement of the swinging 60s came to an abrupt halt on Friday 21st October 1966 with the Aberfan disaster. A whole community was wiped out when a coal spoil tip collapsed, the deluge engulfing Pantglas Junior School where 116 children and their teachers suffocated to death.
It’s a day which will never be forgotten, and Gareth Bale and the Wales took advantage of a break in their work schedule to visit to the Aberfan Memorial Garden and pay their respects to the victims.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 England vs Scotland: Euro 2020 live online today
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: could it be approved before July?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?