Barcelona keeper Jasper Cillessen out until November
Barcelona released details about the Dutch keeper's ankle injury on Monday evening, and confirmed the groin injury which will keep Sergi Roberto sidelined.
Cillessen injury confirmed
Barcelona have released details about the ankle injury which goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen suffered whilst training with the Holland squad at the weekend and also confirmed the groin injury which will keep Sergi Roberto sidelined for an unspecified length of time.
The keeper withdrew from Saturday's training session with the national team and was examined by Barça's medical team this morning and detected a sprain to the lateral external ligament in Cillessen's right ankle. He is expected to be out of action for three weeks, meaning he will miss the team's league games against Deportivo, Valencia and Granada, and probably both of the team's Champions League ties against Manchester City.
Sergi Roberto meanwhile won't be out of action for quite as long as Cillessen - the club say they will continue to monitor his situation while he recovers from a pull to his right adductor. He will be able to return to training once the condition clears.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?