Barcelona keeper Jasper Cillessen out until November
Barcelona released details about the Dutch keeper's ankle injury on Monday evening, and confirmed the groin injury which will keep Sergi Roberto sidelined.
Cillessen injury confirmed
Barcelona have released details about the ankle injury which goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen suffered whilst training with the Holland squad at the weekend and also confirmed the groin injury which will keep Sergi Roberto sidelined for an unspecified length of time.
The keeper withdrew from Saturday's training session with the national team and was examined by Barça's medical team this morning and detected a sprain to the lateral external ligament in Cillessen's right ankle. He is expected to be out of action for three weeks, meaning he will miss the team's league games against Deportivo, Valencia and Granada, and probably both of the team's Champions League ties against Manchester City.
Sergi Roberto meanwhile won't be out of action for quite as long as Cillessen - the club say they will continue to monitor his situation while he recovers from a pull to his right adductor. He will be able to return to training once the condition clears.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Orlando City terminate Jonathan Suárez's contract
- BARCELONA Barçagate: Which Barcelona players were affected by the I3 Ventures social media posts?
- SERIE A Pirlo: Juventus haven't given up hope of winning Serie A
- Qatar 2022 Al Thumama stadium nearly ready for FIFA World Cup 2022
- NBA LeBron James talks Lakers' rhythm without Anthony Davis
- NBA Curry on losing to LeBron: Teams remember the past six years and want to beat us bad!