Barcelona keeper Jasper Cillessen out until November
Barcelona released details about the Dutch keeper's ankle injury on Monday evening, and confirmed the groin injury which will keep Sergi Roberto sidelined.
Cillessen injury confirmed
Barcelona have released details about the ankle injury which goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen suffered whilst training with the Holland squad at the weekend and also confirmed the groin injury which will keep Sergi Roberto sidelined for an unspecified length of time.
The keeper withdrew from Saturday's training session with the national team and was examined by Barça's medical team this morning and detected a sprain to the lateral external ligament in Cillessen's right ankle. He is expected to be out of action for three weeks, meaning he will miss the team's league games against Deportivo, Valencia and Granada, and probably both of the team's Champions League ties against Manchester City.
Sergi Roberto meanwhile won't be out of action for quite as long as Cillessen - the club say they will continue to monitor his situation while he recovers from a pull to his right adductor. He will be able to return to training once the condition clears.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Will there be another stimulus check in June?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Mark Zuckerberg explains why Facebook didn’t do anything about Trump’s post
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check: What is the IRS saying about those who haven’t received their payment
- GEORGE FLOYD George Floyd death: what are the charges for third-degree murder and manslaughter?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today