Barcelona keeper Jasper Cillessen out until November
Barcelona released details about the Dutch keeper's ankle injury on Monday evening, and confirmed the groin injury which will keep Sergi Roberto sidelined.
Cillessen injury confirmed
Barcelona have released details about the ankle injury which goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen suffered whilst training with the Holland squad at the weekend and also confirmed the groin injury which will keep Sergi Roberto sidelined for an unspecified length of time.
The keeper withdrew from Saturday's training session with the national team and was examined by Barça's medical team this morning and detected a sprain to the lateral external ligament in Cillessen's right ankle. He is expected to be out of action for three weeks, meaning he will miss the team's league games against Deportivo, Valencia and Granada, and probably both of the team's Champions League ties against Manchester City.
Sergi Roberto meanwhile won't be out of action for quite as long as Cillessen - the club say they will continue to monitor his situation while he recovers from a pull to his right adductor. He will be able to return to training once the condition clears.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win