Montolivo replies to death wishes after Ramos clash injury
The Milan player received messages hoping that his injury against Spain was serious, possibly leading to death, and took to Facebook to "thank" them.
A dignified response
Italian midfielder Riccardo Montolivo has responded on Facebook to all those who wished that his injury was more serious. The Milan player was injured in the qualifying match against Spain last Thursday and has since had a successful operation on a torn cruciate ligament in his left knee.
The message he posted was aimed at all those vile comments wishing him the worst but also a geniune thank you to those who contacted him hoping for a quick recovery:
“A heartfelt thanks to everyone who spared a thought for me ... fans, colleagues, professionals.
“It was lovely, at such a stressful time, to receive so many expressions of care and affection.
“And love to all those who wished me a broken tibia and fibula, the rupture of all my ligaments and death...with the hope that life is able to make you grow in terms of manners and respect for other human beings.”
Ramos suffered a similar fate
Reports suggest that Montolivo will be sidelined for between five and six months after the incident involving Sergio Ramos who subsequently was injured in the match against Albania just three days after the 1-1 draw with Italy. He too will be out of action but for only around six weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby