GIBRALTAR 0 - 6 BELGIUM
Benteke scores fastest ever World Cup goal & hat trick for Belgium
Crystal Palace's record signing had a special night against Gibraltar as he helped his team to a 0-6 win scoring three himself including the quickest ever in just seven seconds.
Concentration from the start. Oh!
Christian Benteke took just seven seconds to put Belgium ahead tonight which handed him the record for the fastest ever goal in World Cup history, obviously including qualifying matches. For future pub quiz attendees the opposition was Gibraltar.
By the end of the game, the ex-Aston Villa and Liverpool striker who is currently the record signing for Crystal Palace had helped himself to a hat-trick scoring his second and third in minutes 43 and 56. Also on the scoresheet were Witsel (19), Mertens (51) and Chelsea winger Hazard (79) wrapping up a comfortable 0-6 win.
Gibraltar replace England
Benteke takes over from San Marino's Davide Gualtieri, who will be kicking himself tonight that he spent far too long waiting to score against England in qualifying for the 1994 World Cup. He took 8.3 seconds.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks for Roma full-back Spinazzola
- NBA Hornets' LaMelo Ball named NBA Rookie of the Year
- NBA playoffs 2021 "Underdog mentality" key to another Hawks stunner
- NBA playoffs 2021 Paul George carries Clippers to critical victory over Jazz
- TENNIS Nadal withdraws from Wimbledon and Olympics
- US NEWS How does the bipartisan infrastructure bill compare to Biden's American Jobs Plan?