Gameiro already involved in more Atleti goals than Jackson
We're only in early October, but the Frenchman has scored or assisted more Atlético Madrid strikes than Jackson Martínez did in six months.
Kevin Gameiro scored one and assisted another in Atlético Madrid's LaLiga win over Valencia just before the international break - meaning the summer signing has already been involved in more goals than Rojiblanco flop Jackson Martínez.
Jackson part of five goals before early exit
Bought from FC Porto in July 2015, Martínez netted on just three occasions for Atlético before being flogged to Chinese outfit Guangzhou Evergrande in January this year, having spent only half a season at the Vicente Calderón.
The 30-year-old Colombia cap also set up two for attacking colleague Antoine Griezmann during his six-month spell in Madrid, taking the total number of Atleti goals in which he had a decisive role to a paltry five.
Martínez already outstripped by Gameiro
Gameiro, meanwhile, has scored or created six since completing his switch to Atlético from Sevilla a little over two months ago: he has been on target three times and has assisted a trio of goals for fellow France international Griezmann.
The French pair further demonstrated their burdgeoning strike partnership while on duty with Les Bleus on Friday, as Griezmann hit one and provided the pass for Gameiro's second in a 4-1 victory over Bulgaria.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires