Real Madrid want to make Toni Kroos the highest-paid German player in the world, according to reports in the midfielder’s home country. Though Kroos still has a number of years left on his current deal, which expires in 2020, the club are keen to extend his stay at the Santiago Bernabéu until at least 2022.
Kroos' new deal worth €120 million
The German international currently earns just under €11 million per season but an extension would involve a substantial salary jump for Kroos, who would double his earnings to a hefty €20 million per season (before tax). All in all, the new deal would be worth €120 million across five seasons.
If Kroos were to sign such an extension he would become the highest-paid German footballer in history. Currently he sits fourth in the list of high-earning Germans behind Bayern Munich’s Thomas Müller (€15 million), Manchester United outcast Bastian Schweinsteiger at (€14 million) and Ilkay Gündogan at Manchester City (€12 million).
A trophy-laden first two seasons
Kroos signed for Real Madrid from Bayern Munich in the summer of 2014 for a fee of around €30 million. In just over two seasons he’s played 108 games and scored 4 goals, in the process winning the Champions League, World Club Cup and two European Super Cups.
*Update 12 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby