Fabio Capello made Zlatan Ibrahimovic a star, says Nedved
The legendary Czech midfielder says that Zlatan was missing one key attribute when he arrived in Italy and credits Capello with making him the player he is today.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a star thanks to one man: Fabio Capello. Or at least that’s what his former teammate at Juventus Pavel Nedved thinks, according to the Manchester Evening News.
Zlatan couldn't finish, says Nedved
Zlatan joined the Turin side in 2004 after an impressive three-year spell at Ajax during which he scored almost 50 goals in just over 100 games. But he faced a whole new challenge in Serie A, says Nedved.
“When he came to Juventus he couldn’t finish,” he said. “What you see today is mainly down to the fact that Fabio Capello took him for half an hour of shooting practice after every training session.”
Zlatan quickly settled in Italy
Zlatan, who has settled in well at Manchester United since joining this summer, quickly found his scoring boots in Italy, scoring 26 goals for Juventus before moving to Inter Milan following the club’s demotion after the calciopoli scandal. Whatever the reasons for his goal scoring abilities, we’ve all been lucky to bear witness.
- Diego Costa6Goals
*Update 12 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive