Fabio Capello made Zlatan Ibrahimovic a star, says Nedved
The legendary Czech midfielder says that Zlatan was missing one key attribute when he arrived in Italy and credits Capello with making him the player he is today.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a star thanks to one man: Fabio Capello. Or at least that’s what his former teammate at Juventus Pavel Nedved thinks, according to the Manchester Evening News.
Zlatan couldn't finish, says Nedved
Zlatan joined the Turin side in 2004 after an impressive three-year spell at Ajax during which he scored almost 50 goals in just over 100 games. But he faced a whole new challenge in Serie A, says Nedved.
“When he came to Juventus he couldn’t finish,” he said. “What you see today is mainly down to the fact that Fabio Capello took him for half an hour of shooting practice after every training session.”
Zlatan quickly settled in Italy
Zlatan, who has settled in well at Manchester United since joining this summer, quickly found his scoring boots in Italy, scoring 26 goals for Juventus before moving to Inter Milan following the club’s demotion after the calciopoli scandal. Whatever the reasons for his goal scoring abilities, we’ve all been lucky to bear witness.
- Diego Costa6Goals
*Update 12 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Serena Williams future concern after French Open withdrawal
- NBA FINALS 2020, LAKERS-HEAT LA Lakers - Miami Heat: Times, TV and how to watch on TV
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?