Fàbregas: AC Milan coach plays down rumours
In an interview with Il Corriere della Sera, Vincenzo Montella appeared to rule out a January move for Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fàbregas.
Following a long-term injury to AC Milan's Riccardo Montolivo, speculation linking Chelsea's Cesc Fàbregas with a switch to the San Siro has been on the increase.
Montella: Cesc not what we're after
Speaking in the Italian media on Tuesday, however, Milan boss Vincenzo Montella looked to pour cold water on talk of the midfielder being drafted in this January.
"We're looking for a player who has the characteristics that Montolivo has, who can also operate in a defensive-midfield two," he told Il Corriere della Sera.
"Fàbregas? He doesn't have those characteristics," Montella concluded.
Bit-part Blues role under Conte
Cesc, who is under contract at Stamford Bridge until 2019, has made just one Premier League start so far this season under new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”