Fàbregas: AC Milan coach plays down rumours
In an interview with Il Corriere della Sera, Vincenzo Montella appeared to rule out a January move for Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fàbregas.
Following a long-term injury to AC Milan's Riccardo Montolivo, speculation linking Chelsea's Cesc Fàbregas with a switch to the San Siro has been on the increase.
Montella: Cesc not what we're after
Speaking in the Italian media on Tuesday, however, Milan boss Vincenzo Montella looked to pour cold water on talk of the midfielder being drafted in this January.
"We're looking for a player who has the characteristics that Montolivo has, who can also operate in a defensive-midfield two," he told Il Corriere della Sera.
"Fàbregas? He doesn't have those characteristics," Montella concluded.
Bit-part Blues role under Conte
Cesc, who is under contract at Stamford Bridge until 2019, has made just one Premier League start so far this season under new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA commits to 12 host cities for delayed Euro 2020
- COPA DEL REY Rayo Vallecano 1-2 Barcelona: result, summary and goals
- INTER MILAN Conte glad as Lukaku shows anger after Ibrahimovic outburst
- Football AFC draw sets up impressive clashes
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Third stimulus check: what will the minimum age be to claim payment?
- UNITED STATES Third stimulus check: when is it expected to be approved?