Khedira reveals why he's happier at Juventus than at Madrid
Former Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira -- who spent five difficult years at the club -- says he's enjoying his football in Turin much more than ever.
Sami Khedira has become a key cog in Massimiliano Allegri’s Juventus machine, when, of course, his persistent injury problems allow him to be. This season so far the German midfielder has managed to stay injury free following a 2016/16 campaign when he missed 22 games for the Turin club.
Khedira arrived in Italy in the summer of 2015 after a five year spell with more downsides than up at Real Madrid. Now though the 29-year old is unable to hide his joy at playing regularly again.
“I’ve more of a feeling for goals"
“I’m showing more of my qualities since I’ve come to Juventus,” said Khedira after scoring in Germany’s 2-0 win over Northern Ireland. “That is in part thanks to my position on the pitch.”
Deployed as more of a holding midfielder during his time at the Bernabéu, Khedira is now happy to playing further forward. “I’ve more of a feeling for goals. In Madrid I was put further back. It’s a question of position, and owing to that I’m scoring more.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final