Markel Susaeta extends Athletic Club deal until 2019
The winger has renewed his contract at the Basque outfit, setting his new buy-out clause at €45 million.
Susaeta under contract until 2019
Athletic Club have announced that Markel Susaeta has renewed his contract at San Mamés. The veteran winger’s new deal, which extends his current contract by two years, ties him to the club until 2019.
The new deal also sees Susaeta’s buy-out clause rise considerably. It now stands at a hefty €45 million, a sum likely to ward off interest from other clubs.
A long-time performer for Athletic
The 28 year-old winger is one of the captains at Athletic, the club he first joined aged just 10, and has played over 300 games for the senior side since making his debut in 2007.
This season he has appeared in five league and two Europa League matches but has played the full 90 minutes just once, against Valencia last month.
*Update 13 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- SERIE A Opta's Serie A Team of the Season: Cristiano Ronaldo, Immobile...
- Premier League Lampard calls for defensive improvements amid rumours of a clear-out
- CORONAVIRUS Li-Meng Yan: coronavirus was developed in Chinese military lab
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético: Thomas not ruled out of Champions League quarter finals