Julio Velázquez installed as new Alcorcón manager
The former Villarreal, Murcia and Betis coach replaces Cosmin Contra, who was sacked after nne games in charge of the Segunda side.
Julio Velázquez has been named as the new coach of Segunda side Alcorcón, the club confirmed on Thursday. Velázquez had been between clubs after leaving Portuguese side Os Belenenses by mutual consent.
Velázquez, 35, has plenty of Segunda experience, starting out at Villarreal B in January 2012. The following season he took charge of the senior side after Villarreal’s relegation but was sacked after 21 games.
A few months later he joined Real Murcia, who he guided to fourth in Segunda in 2013-14 and the playoffs for promotion to Primera. Murcia were eventually eliminated by Córdoba.
In 2014-15 he took over at Betis, although a run of bad results led to his dismissal after 14 games in charge.
Velázquez’s last job at Os Belenenses started on December 16, 2015 and he guided the side to ninth in the Portuguese top flight. This season, after nine games and with Os Belenenses in the same league position, he left by mutual consent.
Velázquez takes over from Cosmin Contra, who was sacked on Wednesday with Alcorcón languishing in the relegation places after nine games.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx