Barça invited to play in 2017 MLS All Star game in Chicago
World Soccer Talk report that the Catalan club have been issued with an invitation by MLS to participate in the annual All Star game.
MLS are hoping that FC Barcelona are the next international guests at the annual MLS All Star game that is expected to be played at Soldier Field in Chicago.
According to World Soccer Talk, Barça have been formally invited as the club to participate in the exhibition game which pits the best of the US league against a European side. As yet the Catalan club have yet to respond to the request.
At present the Barcelona board of directors are deciding on their destination for the 2017 pre-season activity with the US and Asia as the two existing options. If Barça decide on embarking on a US tour then they will be the guests at the All Star match.
Recent European clubs who have participated in All Star games include: Arsenal, Tottenham, Bayern Munich, Roma, Chelsea and Manchester United.
Te recomendamos en English
- PORTUGAL Cristiano reaches new milestone: 700 career goals
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham re-sign Michel Vorm as cover for injured Hugo Lloris
- VILLARREAL Giuseppe Rossi back at Villarreal
- LIGUE 1 Ligue 1: Rudy García replaces sacked Sylvinho at Lyon
- NEYMAR Neymar: PSG issue update on Brazil star's hamstring injury
- REAL MADRID Robbie Fowler: "Klopp turned down Manchester United and Real Madrid"