Spain U-21 to face Austria in Euro 2017 play-off game
Celades' men avoided Serbia and Odegaard's Norway side. The first leg will be played in Austria and the return fixture in Spain.
Fate smiled on the Spain U-21 side this morning at the play-off draw. Albert Celades' side must face a home and away tie against Austria to determine which national team will take their place at next year's U-21 European championships which will be staged in Poland. The away leg will be played in Austria on November 7 with the return leg on Spanish soil a week later.
The Austrian side came second in their qualifying group finishing behind a strong German side and have dangerous players in the form of Gregoritsch, Lázaro or Schopf.
Spain themselves finished second in their group behind current holders Sweden. "La Rojita" would have been happy to avoid the Balkan danger that Serbia provide recalling how the Serbian side ended U-21 hopes in the last play-off game in 2014. Spanish interests will also have been happy to avoid a strong Norwegian side featuring the talent of Real Madrid's Castillas' Martin Odegaard.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem